[Asterisk-Users] Is Asterisk ready for "real" use?

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Mon Aug 25 05:52:00 MST 2003

What I'm currently working on, is setting up a pair of * servers to:

 - trunk calls over IP from the CO (where I'm colo'ed) to my office
 - sit between the PSTN and my existing system (lucent partner)
 - provide AA and VM functions
 - provide VOIP extensions
 - other things I've not thought of yet

It bugs me not having intercom/paging features.  It also bugs me not
being able to look at my phones to see who's on/off.

On the partner system, and other low-end phone systems, it bugs me that
there's no support for VOIP, call queues, or advanced IVR functions.

So deciding between a $15k phone system (Avaya IP Office, 3Com NBX, etc)
and rolling my own system for under $5k?  I'll take the $5k system that
I have to roll myself.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks