[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream firmware update. {HTTP error}

Steve Haehnichen s-asterisk at trix.com
Mon Aug 25 02:03:39 MST 2003

-=> On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 09:47:06 -0400 (EDT), John Vozza <john at netrom.com> said:

> Just noticed that version 1.0.3.81 has been released on the
> Grandstream website.

Doh.  I see they still haven't decided to comply with RFC2616 (HTTP).
This has been a peeve since the first firmware release, but I guess
they think I'm making this up.  Who needs standards when IE works just
fine? :)

Instead of returning a status line, BudgeTone immediately sends the
HTML content in reply.  While IE seems to forgive this, other browsers
such as Opera (and wget) return an error or offer to save the invalid
response to a file.

The bug relates to the Section 6 Response:
  http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec6.html#sec6

 "After receiving and interpreting a request message, a server
  responds with an HTTP response message. "

The BudgeTone-100 does not give any response at all, just the HTML
dump.  Like this:

DEBUG output created by Wget 1.8.2 on linux-gnu.

--13:32:26--  http://niko/
Resolving niko... done.