[Asterisk-Users] fatal embrace control in menus ?

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun Aug 24 08:38:13 MST 2003

> 1. Call comes in via PSTN, * answers the call, starts to play
>    things, caller hangs up.  Menu loops for quite some time :)
>
> 2. Call comes in via PSTN, * answers the call, start to play things
>    caller does nothing on the first pass thru the menu.
>
>    I want the menu to repeat X times and then disconnect if no
>    action from the claller.
>

> samples of extensions.conf would be really appreciated

Well one way would be to set an AbsoluteTimeout on the call and then when
they actually select options, then set the absolutetimeout to 0 (i.e. no
timeout)

exten => s,1,AbsoluteTimeout(60) ; Make sure they do something in 60 secs
exten => s,2,Background(options) ; Give them options
exten => s,3,Goto(2)             ; Repeat
exten => 1,1,AbsoluteTimeout(0)  ; Lose the timeout
exten => 1,2,Dial(Zap/1)         ; Ring a Phone

Another way would be to explicitly list:

exten => s,1,Background(options)
exten => s,2,Background(options)
exten => s,3,Background(options)

exten => t,1,Playback(goodbye)