[Asterisk-Users] Connecting to FWD behind a NAT.

Yehiel Samson yasz at newmail.net
Sat Aug 23 18:15:05 MST 2003

I have a router D-Link DI-704P, I did put the * server in DMZ.
I have problems registering to the FWD service, even that it now writes
registered it is NOT. I spoke to Ed Guy and he said that FWD changed some of
there configuration it is just dummy registration, what I notice is that the
contact is with a personal IP, that means that FWD doesn't receive my WAN IP
address but they only receive the LAN IP address.
I wanted to know if there is a way to configure in sip.conf or another file
that it should look what my WAN IP address is (for example connecting to a
web server www.myipaddress.com) so it could send that instead of my LAN IP.
It would also be nice if it could be something like an xxxxxxx.dyndns.org
and not only and real IP like aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd  .
If there is a solution if you could please post it and/or send me a email
personally.

Best regards,
Yehiel Samson

yehiel at samson.co.il
ICQ : 688268
Yahoo : yehielsamson
MSN : yehiel_samson at msn.com
Phone/Fax : +972-2-5663234
Cell phone : +972-50-877571 or +972-54-877571
FWD # 10082 (www.FreeWorlDialup.com)