Qwest CallerID question re:[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID problem

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Sat Aug 23 12:59:17 MST 2003

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Ryan Tucker wrote:

> To check with a buttset, hook it up to the pair and monitor as you call in
> from another phone.  If it's DTMF, you'll hear DTMF.  If it's FSK, you'll
> hear a squawk much like a packet radio transmission or the data bursts you
> hear on weather radio when a warning is issued immediately after the first
> ring.  -rt

On my SBC phone, I used to hear a high-pitched chirp before the Call
Waiting beep (much like the first chrip of a V.90 modem negotiation tone)
when someone called in and I was on the line. Does this mean SBC was using
FSK to transmit caller ID on my line?

--
JustThe.net Internet & Multimedia Services
22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950