[Asterisk-Users] Intresting.. hrm

mawali at news.icns.com mawali at news.icns.com
Sat Aug 23 13:21:26 MST 2003

Linux ensures that custom firmware is a piece of cake. It actually makes
pulling one feature out and putting another in as easy as on you computer.
It is matter of adding a .so file and an executable to your filesystem.
Switching stacks is as easy as killing one process and starting another.

I have been working on a linux phone that used to be vxWorks and linux
gives my unlimited flexibility. Custom firmware is a nightmare (and using
a nowhere compiler like I have seen suggested here) and a huge can of
worms.

Regards