[Asterisk-Users] One-way audio using console

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Sat Aug 23 11:09:24 MST 2003

I've tried making calls using the console (both ALSA and OSS). ALSA
seems to work after applying the little fix posted on this list some
time ago by someone (which I'll submit into the bug tracker), but all I
get is one-way audio: I can hear the other end, but nothing gets
transmitted.

At first I thought this was an audio problem, but it doesn't seem to
be. My machine isn't transmitting audio (judging from what tcpdump
says).

I get pretty much the same effect using ALSA and using OSS on the
asterisk side (ALSA OSS emulation on the kernel side, because my
notebook only has ALSA).

Am I going about this correctly? If I enter "dial XXXX" on the console,
should I get a proper, full-duplex audio connection, or is there
something else to be done?

And a related question: entering "hangup" doesn't seem to do the right
thing. I have to "soft hangup IAX2/..." and then "hangup" to get the
desired effect. Is this how it is supposed to be?

--J.