[Asterisk-Users] Best SIP phone?

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Fri Aug 22 05:55:43 MST 2003

> Hello,
>
> I would like to request opinions for: What is the best SIP phone?  Please give
> a rating from 1 to 10 (10 being the best)  for the following categories:
> Reliability
> Ease of deployment with Asterisk
> Sound quality
>
> Please be sure to supply the manufacturer's name and the phone's model number.
>
> If you have an opinion on this topic, I would like to hear it.
> --
> Thanks,
> Tim

Best is relative to how much you are wanting to spend per phone and what features you are after..

At the end of the day you can get a Grandstream Budgetone for $75, a Snom200 for $250 or a Cisco for $700.. They all work perfectly with Asterisk as phones to make phone calls and to hear the person on the other end.. All have good voice quality.. (Remember voice quality is ver much dependent on which codec you choose to use.)

If however you want downloadable ringtones and XML interfaces to the phones diaplay then you will have no choice but to fork over the cash for the Cisco..

Not sure is that helps you at all..