[Asterisk-Users] Re: ATAs

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Aug 22 01:02:14 MST 2003

Roger De Salis wrote:

> Immediately strides to ATA, rips off cover... woohoo, EEPROM is
> socketed.... well maybe I'll just copy the contents of a working
> ATA into the programmer, and reflash the locked one, taking care
> to change the MAC address and serial number......

Keep us posted, please.

Really our karmic outrage should be vented equally at Cisco and at
Vonage, which is the progenitor of the password locking scheme.

Vonage will get extra eons in Hades for their misleading advertising,
which until recently gave their customers the illusion that they were
being given the ATA186 as part of their purchasing the service.

IMO anyone who purposely designs a scheme to render perfectly good
hardware useless deserves to see their user base transfer en masse to
NuFone. . .

B.