[Asterisk-Users] Status of ISDN && DTMF (AFAIK): Please add corrections and comments

Armand A. Verstappen armand at nl.envida.net
Thu Aug 21 13:04:58 MST 2003

Hi Pedro,

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 21:34, pedro bulach gapski wrote:
> My setup is an Eicon Diva (HiSax: Eicon.Diehl Diva driver Rev. 1.1.4.2) running on standard debian woody.

I'm not sure, but isn't there a linux capi driver available for that
card? If you, I suggest you try to use the capi driver and chan_capi
(http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/) instead of chan_modem.

> After a standard instalation and setup, my DTMF detection was unreliable.

I had similar problems with isdn4linux, but never had any problem using
chan_capi.

> Current problems are:
> -outbound calls (h323->*->out) to analog phones have echo. This gets better with a better mic,
> but does not disappear. It seems that no solution to this problem is available.

chan_capi solved my echo problem completely.

> -my callees complain of the silence supression. I have not looked at it yet.

I can't comment on h323, as I don't use it.

wkr,

--
Envida                     http://www.envida.net/
Armand A. Verstappen       Graadt van Roggenweg 328