[Asterisk-Users] weird error message with zaptel

Grzegorz Nosek blackfire at o2.pl
Thu Aug 21 11:08:50 MST 2003

On 20 Aug 2003 15:50:15 +0300, Johanna Kangas wrote
> I understand the problem is in hisax. I am a woman, not a
> stupid :)
>
> So anyone who have had same kind of problem WITH HISAX ?
>
> -Johanna

I, for one, haven't. However, I recommend moving away the whole
offending /lib/modules/2.4.x/ directory and doing:

make clean
make dep bzImage modules modules_install

in your kernel source dir (/usr/src/linux-2.4.x or whatever).

Remember to install the kernel image in the right place, rerun lilo
(if you use lilo of course) and reboot. and read kernel-howto :)

OK, I've had my smart-ass five minutes and now it's time for me to ask
a newbie question ;)

After

modprobe capi
modprobe fcpci

/proc/capi seems ok (shows one card with fcpci driver - sorry I don't
post some real output but I had to revert to i4l to make it work as
soon as possible)

So far, no error messages of any kind, but chan_capi says that CAPI is
not installed. My /etc/asterisk/capi.conf is empty (chan_capi demanded
it and I didn't know what to put there ;)

<desperate cry for help here> ;)

Thanks in advance

Grzegorz Nosek