[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 79xx XML carriage returns/line feeds

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Aug 21 08:38:44 MST 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Low, Adam wrote:

> I've been developing all sorts of applications for use on our 79xx handsets but am having great difficulty with formatting, I just can't seem to be able to produce a line feed between lines on the stuff actually displayed on the phone. Has anyone else has experience or success with this ?

Which version of the phones are you using? SIP, MGCP or Skinny?
And which XML dialect? (CMXML or BTXML?)

Using CMXML on Skinny firmware,  CR characters (ASCII 13, "\r") are
displayed as CR/LF. Do not use LF (ASCII 10, "\n"), as they are
displayed as an odd graphic symbol. CMXML also doesn't know anything like

HTH,
	Siggi