[Asterisk-Users] VoIP dialtone?

Mike Ciholas mikec at ciholas.com
Wed Aug 20 14:48:16 MST 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Adam Roach wrote:

> > I guess my question was a little deeper than that.
> > Can I simply ditch the PTSN?
>
> 911 is the sticking point.

Ah.

> Until this tiny, possibly life-or-death detail gets sorted out,
> I'm probably going to have at least one traditional phone line
> at all times.

Hmm, okay, so would it be possible to maintain *one* POTS line
that is used if anyone dials "911" on their desk phone (set this
up in * dial plan), then it connects to emergency services
properly, and then use a VoIP dial tone provider for *everything*
else?  This assumes we are having only one emergency at a time!

Now, if that is possible, how does the VoIP dial tone provider
get my inbound local and toll calls?  I would want my "local"
phone number to work, of course.

--
Mike Ciholas                            (812) 476-2721 voice
CIHOLAS Enterprises                     (812) 476-2881 fax
2626 Kotter Ave, Unit D                 mikec at ciholas.com
Evansville, IN 47715                    http://www.ciholas.com