[Asterisk-Users] VAD (silence suppression) on Asterisk

Lee Goodman lee.goodman at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 11:02:23 MST 2003

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for.

Do we know if VAD will ever be supported? I know some people don't like VAD
and in my testing, how well VAD works depends on how well it was coded (and
the hardware I suspect). I have seen very good and very bad implementations
of VAD.

I have a real need for VAD to work (for bandwidth reasons). So if VAD isn't
currently in the Asterisk development schedule, can I request it be added?

Thanks

Lee Goodman