[Asterisk-Users] Is Asterisk ready for "real" use?

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Wed Aug 20 08:52:39 MST 2003

At 10:42 AM 8/20/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I've literally read the last year's worth of posts to
>asterisk-users to get a "feel" for the situation.  Since you
>don't see posts of the form "installed it, just working, no
>problems" very often, you could get the opinion that everyone has
>problems since that is what the mailing list is for.
>
>So, I would like to hear from those out there that have a system
>as I've described above and tell me if I'm insane to commit this
>direction or whether it makes sense.
>
>For those of you who have done it, how much time did it take you
>to get the system running smoothly?

I'm in almost the same situation as you. However, I'm mostly worried that
the customer service desk here will start to complain that they can't tell
how many calls are in the queue any more (our current phone tells us how
many calls are ringing, on hold, etc). Regardless, I'm very interested to
hear your results as well as what others on the list say, and would like to
stay in touch with you if you decide to move forward with Asterisk.

Thanks,
--Ernest