[Asterisk-Users] X-Lite Build 1059 problems

Stuart Hirst shirst at easynet.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 08:42:53 MST 2003

Does anyone have X-Lite build 1059 working fully with Asterisk?

The GSM Codec works very well now but we have problems when using G711
in that when I setup a ping between the two sites and then watch the
latency, it steadily increases and starts at about 150ms and goes up to
2500ms within about 20 seconds. I have not investigated fully but I
guess that its sending ever increasing size packets. When we use the GSM
codec its fine. When we have used the G711 codec in previous releases of
X-Lite, it's been fine.

Also we get one way speech in the following circumstances :-

SNOM 200 running 1.16w 4941
Grandstream Budgetone running 1.0.3.77

Calls between SNOM and Budgetone are fine in both directions.

Call from X-Lite to Asterisk voicemail = Fine

Call from X-Lite to either SNOM or Budgetone = Fine

Call from SNOM to X-Lite = Call is delivered and answered OK but there
is no speech path in either direction. If its any help one of our guys
is on the end of a slow link (150ms) and the symptoms are the same but
there is a 1 second audio burst from the X-Lite to SNOM just as the call
is answered.

Call from Budgetone to X-Lite = Call is delivered and answered OK but
one way speech path. Budgetone to X-Lite OK but X-Lite to Budgetone, no
audio.

I do have call traces from X-Lite if anyone is interested but I would
like to know if any other X-Lite users were seeing the same type of
problems.

Rgds,

Stuart