[Asterisk-Users] G723 (was SIP using which codec?)

Andrew Joakimsen andrew at envisionstudio.net
Wed Aug 20 01:47:00 MST 2003

Actually I got it working right before I gave up (I had the wrong line
in my config commented out)

But now I get these messages when I try to playback a recording:

NOTICE[16401]: File channel.c, Line 1406 (ast_set_write_format): Unable
to find a path from GSM to G723
WARNING[16401]: File file.c, Line 722 (ast_streamfile): Unable to open
transfer (format G723): No such file or directory
WARNING[16401]: File app_playback.c, Line 83 (playback_exec):
ast_streamfile failed on SIP/packet8.net-dab9 for transfer

And when I try to play music on hold:

NOTICE[16401]: File channel.c, Line 1406 (ast_set_write_format): Unable
to find a path from SLINR to G723
WARNING[16401]: File res_musiconhold.c, Line 421 (moh_alloc): Unable to
set 'SIP/packet8.net-dab9' to signed linear format

This is the missing link in my system, I greatly appreciate any help
that can be provided.