[Asterisk-Users] [OT] Virus propagation by asterisk user member.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Aug 19 10:48:20 MST 2003

Sorry to air this in public, but sometimes people need to be publicly
shamed.

"Frej Jensen" <frej at legespace.dk>
This user is spewing the sobig worm around the net. I have received over
20 messages so far today. Most to me at both my former address, and my
current address. I matched the IP address from my mail servers logs to
his cable modem address used when posting a message to this list on July
25th.

If users persist in having unsafe computing tendencies like using
windows, please remove them from the network.

BTW, this is a good reason for having long running personal archives of
the mailing lists you belong to. A fairly easy grep command across my
mail directory found the person responsible when from/to addresses are
forged.