[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream, SIP encryption

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Tue Aug 19 01:09:15 MST 2003

I have been following this thread ad decided to add my thoughts.. :)

While the thought of encryption always seems like a nice idea the reality is usually far from satisfactory.. The increased processing power requirements, far larger latency and encryption standardisation and interoperability will all prove to be major headaches..

As far as I see it if you have ever talked about confidential stuff on a cordless phone or a cell phone you should have no problem using a SIP phone over the LAN or even the internet.. Even a landline phone is easy to tap if you really wanted to..

If the nature of the information is such that it requires a secure transport method then you probably shouldn't be talking about it over the phone anyway.. irrispective of the phone technology being used..

later..