[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream, SIP encryption

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Aug 19 00:49:02 MST 2003

At 3:25 AM -0400 8/19/03, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
>John Todd wrote:
>
>>Yes, as mentioned, IAX2 has encryption, but I'm not holding my
>>breath for that to appear in four different UA's in the next year.
>
>We have approached Grandstream to do IAX2 development for their
>hardware, but apparently we haven't been taken very seriously as we
>can never get the appropriate person on the phone or to call us back.
>
>Jeremy McNamara

That's a shame, since that implementation would move GrandStream from
a "poor cousin" to the Cisco phones up into the spot of being a real
contender for many applications, especially for use on non-private
networks (i.e.: the Internet) for call delivery.

SNOM might want to get back into the act, as well.  I haven't seen
much (any?) activity about their products here on the list lately.

JT