[Asterisk-Users] Monitor application temporary hack

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Aug 18 14:45:44 MST 2003

>On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 14:59, Brian West wrote:
>>  Maybe we can pester kram to make that an option.  monitor.conf anyone?
>>
>>  bkw
>
>Well, while we're in the "let's pester Mark" mood... why not have him
>fix res_monitor so it writes to just one file!  That would sure make me
>a lot happier...
>
>Jared Smith

Don't jump to that conclusion so quickly - there are reasons one
might want multiple files.

As an example, I have found it useful in at least one case to mix two
call legs such that each leg is a different channel in a stereo final
recording (easier to hear who said what, especially on conference
calls)

I think the proper bug to fix solution synopsis is: make Monitor
start filling the second channel leg sound file with "silence" even
before the second leg is picked up.  Fill all gaps (if caused by IP
packet loss on either leg) with silence.

JT