[Asterisk-Users] Malicious Call Trace

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Aug 18 12:33:30 MST 2003

Doesn't seem necessary at this time.  Why not just record the caller
ID in Asterisk when the user dials the *57 "Customer Originated
Trace" CLASS feature?  It's easy enough to store "last number that
called this number" stuff in the DB, and then act on it with a perl
script or something.  If you're getting harassing calls that don't
have caller ID set on them, that is a minor issue to filter calls out
with no valid caller ID.

This is not the "right" answer, but the ease of implementing 90% of
the functionality makes putting a patch in to send things back up the
PRI in Q.931 messaging format seem a little like overkill.

JT