[Asterisk-Users] Setting a minimum 'on-hook' interval?

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Mon Aug 18 07:35:13 MST 2003

A couple of weeks ago I posted a message entitled 'Bridged trunks stuck off
hook' about a situation where 2 of my trunks (loopstart pots - but Centrex)
are occasionally bridged together. It has occurred to me that what may be
happening is that a line hung up by Asterisk might quickly be reused and if
the time interval is right, the telco will interpret this as a hook-flash.
Is there a way to set a minimum 'on-hook' interval on a (zap) channel?

And while I'm on zapata questions, what is the definition of debounce and is
the assumption that flash is the (intentional) flashtime sent by asterisk &
rxflash the approximate time understood to be a flash (for instance from a
phone)?

Thanks,

John

This e-mail was scanned and found clean by Monroe-Woodbury CSD Antivirus.