[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7920 phone

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Mon Aug 18 03:58:29 MST 2003

--On Monday, August 18, 2003 10:31 pm +1200 Roger De Salis
<roger at desalis.gen.nz> wrote:

> Interesting menu options implying mechanisms to take the 11
> channels of WiFI, and dedicate 1-3 for voice, and turn the
> rest over to data. There were some rumours that they only
> work on Cisco Aironet base stations.... They work fine on
> DLink, Kamaguza, and Uncle Tom Cobblies base stations...

I suppose you need the Cisco Aironet for QoS support on the WLAN.
Performance may not be good on a highly loaded base station - do you have
any test results?

The other problem with the 7920 is that you currently need CallManager to
host it.  It would be bad news if Cisco implemented SIP but kept the
requirement for CallManager to host the phone.

  Iain