[Asterisk-Users] Has anyone got sip/IAX working behind a firewall?

firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com
Sun Aug 17 10:23:08 MST 2003

I use asterisk behind my Linux firewall with no problem.  For IAX I have
the firewall forward udp port 5036 to the asterisk box. Really simple nat
setup.  My asterisk box also connects to other asterisk/IAX servers
through nat from behind the firewall.  I'm not sure about sip at all but I
know that IAX works fine.  I don't know anything about Winproxy but I
would assume you could easily masquerade outgoing packets/connections and
then for incoming connections forward port udp 5036 to your asterisk box.
AJ