[Asterisk-Users] Registring soft phones in Asterisk

Steve Lane steve_lane at charter.net
Fri Aug 15 17:21:02 MST 2003

Can someone tell me where I can get information on how to configure the
sip.conf file to register a soft phone? I tried the following entry and
the phone will not register:

[xten1]
type=friend
username=xxx
secret=ppp
host=dynamic

I am using the X-Ten Lite soft phone, but I understood that I didn't
have the correct build. The next thing I did was download the SJLabs
soft phone and tried it, and got the same thing. If I can get the
Asterisk side (sip.conf) configured correctly, then I think configuring
the soft phone will be a cakewalk. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks

Steve Lane