[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, quicknet and codecs (G729, 7231 Question)

mawali at news.icns.com mawali at news.icns.com
Fri Aug 15 16:41:08 MST 2003

Hi
I am using asterisk with a Quicknet lineJack card. I am trying to get a
proof of concept demo together before real deployment. I have a couple of
qustions.

1) Can I use the codecs that are on Quicknet card (G.723, etc, etc). I
tested it and I cannot use any codec in hardware, the only codecs that
work are G711 and GSM. Since the lineJack provides G.723 in hardware, it
should be available (other oh323 software can use it)

2) What would it take to get G729 for my demo. I cannot seem to find any
link for this. I was told that I can use G729 as a paid option. I am
willing to pay for it, but I do not know who to pay.

Is trying to get 729 and 7231 working on asterisk worth it.

Regards