[Asterisk-Users] What is the highest quality codec I can use for recording voice messages?

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Fri Aug 15 14:04:13 MST 2003

> Yes you probably right.
> Test and see.
>
> So how do I get and use each codec to test them. I understand some are under
> tight copyright control. Do they have testing variations rather than buying
> first, find it it does not work, and your stuck with the cost?
>

> Thanks for you help.
>
> As always a fast reply.
> Thanks
>
> Fats.

If you want to test under Asterisk using a SIP client I would suggest you download X-Lite.. This will give you G.711(64Kbps) and GSM(16Kbps) codecs that are both usable with Asterisk.. That should give you a basis for your comparison..

If you want to try out G.729 you will have to buy a licence for it from Digium and get a SIP phone that supports it..

Have fun..

Doubt you will get another fast reply cos its 2200 so bed will be calling soon.. :)

Later..