[Asterisk-Users] FXO mode

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Fri Aug 15 14:09:41 MST 2003

Dave Cotton wrote:

> So the question is does changing to CTR21 do anything at all with the
> existing cards?

No as far as enabling CTR21 features, but the bits addressed in that
register are labeled "Reserved", so to be correct the card should be
left in the default FCC mode.

> If it does nothing then OK, all I want to know is that it doesn't do
> anything bad. Much as I, and others, hate France Telecom I'd rather not
> nuke their exchange.

> I've got CID no problem. I have a problem with it not hanging up, but I
> am sure this is software not hardware, as it only happens if voicemail
> starts and the caller hangs up to exit, if they use # everything is OK.

Are you using busydetect=yes in zapata.conf? If not, try adding it and
using BUSYDETECT_MARTIN and BUSYDETECT_COMPARE_TONE_AND_SILENCE when
compiling asterisk.

Regards,

Richard