[Asterisk-Users] Autodialer / bulk dialer application

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Fri Aug 15 09:02:06 MST 2003

Hi all-

I have asterisk running on 2 systems, with four E1 spans each.  Each system
is connected to a (big) NT DMS-100 switch.

For load testing an IVR system running on one of the asterisk systems, I'd
like to use the other system to generate a lot of outbound calls under
program control - on most or all of its channels simultaneously.

All of the asterisk dialplan and agi programming that I've done relate to
handling inbound calls only.  Is there a simple way to create a dialplan that
will cause a line to make an outbound call of a specified duration, and then
hangup?  I can see how to do this in response to an incoming call on another
line, but I just want asterisk to make outgoing test calls automatically when
it starts up, on a bunch of channels over and over, until I kill it.

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott M. Stingel
Emerging Voice Technology Inc.
Palo Alto, California and London, England