[Asterisk-Users] ast_channel_alloc() losing pvt struct

John Fortman john at compandsoft.com
Thu Aug 14 17:03:03 MST 2003

I don't understand the reasoning here so could somebody please help me out?

chan_h323 is causing a segmentation fault when trying to connect a call.
I tracked the problem back to chan_h323.c in the oh323_new() function.

the code is: tmp = ast_channel_alloc( 1 );

After this point, tmp->pvt is not allocated (null pointer).
HOWEVER, in the ast_channel_alloc() function right before the statement: return tmp; tmp->pvt IS allocated.

Now between the statements: return tmp; and tmp = ... the pvt structure is getting lost and the tmp->pvt point is set to 0.
Has anyone got a clue here?  It doesn't make any sense to me at all.

John.