[Asterisk-Users] What is the highest quality codec I can use for recording voice messages?

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Thu Aug 14 04:53:21 MST 2003

The highest quality codec is ulaw or alaw (otherwise know as G.711).. These are the same as what comes in on your PSTN line..

If you want high Quality voice prompts your best bet os to record them on a PC with a good quality mic and then copy then to your server.. You juast have to make sure thay are recorded at the correct sample rate ( IIRC its 8khz 16bit mono but I could be wrong on that)..

Later..