[Asterisk-Users] Park and out-going trunk calls.

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Thu Aug 14 01:08:25 MST 2003

--On Wednesday, August 13, 2003 1:58 pm -0500 James Sizemore
<james at deny.org> wrote:

> If you add "t" to you out-going  trunk "Dial" lines:
> exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@vocal||t)
> exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Congestion
> so that you can still use park to park a call or transfer
> the phones, You have a problem  of not being able to use
> "#" on external IVR systems.

Yes - annoying, isn't it.

> Is there any solution
> to this problem?  Other then training hundreds of users
> not to try and park calls that you originate.  <smile>

I posted a patch to the list a couple of weeks ago that, for SIP phones,
substitutes "##" to initiate a transfer and passes a single "#" straight
through to the remote (eg IVR) system.  It's been working fine for me for a
couple of weeks now.  You could apply it to all phones by modifying the
patch.

  Iain