[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail group, adding to the vm when forwarding

Yifang Dai daiy at attbi.com
Wed Aug 13 16:07:33 MST 2003

Hi,

I have two questions about asterisk's vm:

Is there a way to do group voicemail in asterisk? I can't seem to find
any references on this.

What we have with the current phone system is the user can dial a group
mailbox number, leave a voice mail, then every one in the group gets a
copy of the voicemail.

One way I can think of doing is using AGI, once the voice mail is left
for the group number, it looks up some table to determine the
membership, then make hard links in the vm spool dir for the vm. Is this
a good way to go? One problem I have with this solution is how do we
deal with different asterisk servers? Say a group includes mailboxes on
two servers?

The second question is can we annotate a voicemail before forwarding to
another user?

Thanks in advance...

--
Yifang Dai		 |
eFax: (847)628-0255      |    Debian GNU/Linux