[Asterisk-Users] Fax Handled

Eduardo Goncalves eduardo at acenet.com.br
Wed Aug 13 15:40:49 MST 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:48:57 -0500
Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:

> > extensions.conf
> > ===============
> > [globals]
> > TRUNK=Zap/g1
> >
> > [sip]
> > exten => _0.,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})
> > exten => _9.,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})
> >
> > exten => 710,1,Dial(SIP/client1)
> > exten => 711,1,Dial(SIP/client2)
>
> Okay, that's the problem.  Asterisk does not detect faxes while
> executing the Dial() application.  You need to Background() a simple
> greeting (or just 2-3 seconds of silence) before executing the Dial()
> application, then provide a fax extension for Asterisk to jump to upon
> detecting the CNG tones.

 	Could please detail how can I do this configuration?

	I dial from the fax machine and then, only press the "start" button, when the destination fax machine answer me and send the fax tone.	So, how could asterisk dial trought the fax exten if the fax tone are sent only when the call is completed?

--
Thanks for the help
Eduardo