[Asterisk-Users] "Double" transfer?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Aug 13 15:20:15 MST 2003

I'm not sure what to call what I want to do; I'm not sure how to do it;
I'm not sure it can even be done. . . .

I have googled and read the docs, but can't find anything close to this:

I have an asterisk box with an X100P that is attached to a PBX line.
What we want to do is to have the PBX attendant, after having taken a
call for someone who isn't in the office, be able to dial up the
extension attached to the X100P, and then (HERE'S THE RUB!!) select one
from a number of extensions on the asterisk box that would be the
voicemail for a particular person.

Then, once that choice has been made, the hope is that the PBX caller
could be bridged to the voicemail box of the user in question.

I'm going to start playing, but I hoped to run this past the list to see
if this is a) something undoable, or b) something trivially doable for
which I'm suffering a mental block making it seem complicated.

Thanks.

B.