[Asterisk-Users] URI for dialing

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Aug 12 16:39:36 MST 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 14:47, Peer Oliver schmidt wrote:
> in a HTML page I can write href="mailto:joe at doe.com" and clicking on
> the link will open the default mail application.
>
> Is anything like that possible with any of the soft phones (SIP or
> IAX [Windows])?
>
> Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

It's actually a function of the operating system, not of the individual
application.  But in Windows, you might do this:

Open regedit  to \My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and create
a new key, for example, zzz.  Set the default string value to
"URL:ZZZ Protocol" and create a second string called
"URL Protocol" with a blank value.  Now under the zzz key, create
the following hierarchy of keys:
\My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\zzz\shell\open\command
Under this last key, set the default string value to:
"C:\Path\To\Your\App.exe" %1

This assumes that your app will be able to work with zzz://whatever
coming in on the command line.  If it does not, you'll need to create
an additional step in the process, by calling a .BAT file which will
strip off the zzz:// from the rest of your data.  You might do that like
this:

set foo=%1
set bar=%foo:~6,99%
C:\Path\To\Your\App.exe %bar%

And change that last registry value to point to your .BAT file.

-Tilghman