[Asterisk-Users] Codec?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Aug 12 12:19:23 MST 2003

Look in /usr/src/asterisk/include/asterisk/frame.h  and scan down to
where you see all the codecs listed.  Then, take that number use it
as a power of 2.  In other words, if the number for G729A is 8, then
you need to do 8^2 = 25, so 25 will be the number shown in "sip show
channels" under the "format" column.

John Laur had submitted a really useful patch to turn all instances
of the codec numbers into codec names.  I've talked to him about
putting that patch (and other nifty patches of his) into
bugs.digium.com when he gets back from vacation...

JT