[Asterisk-Users] chan_h323, Asterisk and DTMF issue

Jay Sakata jay at kb.net
Tue Aug 12 11:27:13 MST 2003

I have the same problem that Michael describes below does anyone have
any recommendations?

Jay

______________________

 Hi folks,

I'm using chan_h323 to dial out to a gateway which connects me to the
PSTN.
In order to use a menu system such my bank menu system, I have to set
dtmfmode=info in my sip.conf for my Cisco 7960 phone. However,
dtmfmode=info
won't work with Asterisk's voicemail system.

I'm using the g.729 codec for h323 and Asterisk. I'm told
dtmfmode=inband
won't work with g.729.  Is it possible to use dtmfmode=info with h323
and
access my Asterisk voicemail?

Voicemail
dtmfmode = inband        ; works with h323 (with a flood of warnings)
not
with Asterisk Voicemail
dtmfmode = rfc2833       ; works with Asterisk Voicemail not with h323

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael