[Asterisk-Users] Using Asterisk with FWD through NAT

Borut Senicar Borut.Senicar at WebAfna.Com
Tue Aug 12 11:24:25 MST 2003

Hi All,

Is there any way to connect (register, initiate and receive calls) with
Asterisk to FWD through NAT? Since I own my router port forwarding is not a
problem.

I tried with

Register => <FWDnum>@fwd.pulver.com:<FWDpass>@fwd.pulver.com

but since Asterisk still use internal IP in some SIP fields I got "479 We
don't accept private IP contacts. Please set your external IP" message.

In second scenario I hack hosts file that fwd.pulver.com points to
fwdnat.pulver.com. In that case I was able to register but call can't be
initiated since
Asterisk put wrong (proxy) port in To: field of SIP message.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Borut