[Asterisk-Users] Fax Handled

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Aug 11 13:48:57 MST 2003

On Monday 11 August 2003 03:26 pm, Eduardo Goncalves wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:15:08 -0500
>
> Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 11 August 2003 02:46 pm, Eduardo Goncalves wrote:
> > > I've tested with 3 diferent machines. Asterisk didn't detect
> > > them.
> >
> > What does your dialplan look like for the s extension?
>
> 	My extensions.conf are very simple. I have just one context for my
> trunk connection, and the two sip endpoits.
>
> extensions.conf
> ===============
> [globals]
> TRUNK=Zap/g1
>
> [sip]
> exten => _0.,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})
> exten => _9.,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})
>
> exten => 710,1,Dial(SIP/client1)
> exten => 711,1,Dial(SIP/client2)

Okay, that's the problem.  Asterisk does not detect faxes while
executing the Dial() application.  You need to Background() a simple
greeting (or just 2-3 seconds of silence) before executing the Dial()
application, then provide a fax extension for Asterisk to jump to upon
detecting the CNG tones.

-Tilghman