[Asterisk-Users] help please with single t1 configuration

Barry Porch bporch at watsonconnects.com
Sat Aug 9 14:23:40 MST 2003

I am attempting to set up an Asterisk box which I am only concerned with
getting a single T1 working.  I have this T1 connected to my PBX and I
am looking at using Asterisk as a conference bridge.

Here is my zaptel.conf:

span=1,1,0,d4,ami
e&m=1-24
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

Here is my Zapata.conf:

[channels]
language=en
context=default
signalling=em_w
group=1
channel=1-24

As you can see I am trying to set this up as a D4/AMI E&M T1.  I also
have "modprobe zaptel" and "modprobe wct1xxp" in my rc.local.

When I try to run Asterisk it complains that it cannot access channel 1
and dies.

I can run zttool which "sees" the T100 card that I have installed.
However, when I run "ztcfg -vvvv" it sells me that 0 channels are
configured.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Barry