[Asterisk-Users] app_queue, fewestcalls and leastrecent logic

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Sat Aug 9 12:48:57 MST 2003

Well their are a few diffrent ways to do a roundrobin type setup.  One I
didn't mention is circular.

Circular is like this.

You have Agents 1001,1002 and 1003

First calls hits 1001... second call hits 1002 even if 1001 isn't busy.
Third call hits 1003 even if 1001 and 1002 are not busy.  Now it will
start roundrobin(ie or hunting as you might see it) if the agent doesn't
answer. Fourth call would start back at 1001.  I think I seen app_circular
somewhere.

And yes I agree it should be a fallback options or just create diffrent
variations of the current fewestcalls and leastrecent like fewestcallsrr
and leastrecentrr, but that doesn't address the fact that if agent 1001
and 1002 are logged in you don't want agent 1001 ringing forever over and
over while agent 1002 sits idle.  If no agents answer it should try
something else or have the option to try something else.

bkw