[Asterisk-Users] app_queue, fewestcalls and leastrecent logic

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Sat Aug 9 12:06:10 MST 2003

First of all I would like to thank Mark for getting roundrobin to go
roundrobin.  Good job.

Now we have some options here for leastrecent and fewestcalls strategy. It
needs some work on the logic and Mark recommend that I ask the list and
get some input before he makes any changes to it.

fewestcalls from what I have seen would always ring the agent with the
fewestcalls first then go into roundrobin if that agent didn't answer.

Next new caller would ring fewestcalls agent first then start roundrobin.

What do you think should happen in fewestcalls?  Right now it just rings
the agent with the fewestcalls over and over with current app_queue logic.

leastrecent from what I have been looking at will ring the agent that has
least recently take a call first then if they don't answer go into
roundrobin.  Then the next new call coming from queue would first go to
the leastrecent first then try every agent in roundrobin till answered
then starting over again.  New caller from queue hits leastrecent agent
first.

Same thing happens in leastrecent strategy. The leastrecent agent will
ring over and over with current app_queue logic.

Now some of you might recommend autologoff options.  But that also might
need some work.  I don't want to log off an agent for not answering the
phone only once.  So here is how I would like to see autologoff work.

Example:
queue timeout = 20
agent autologoff = 60

The agent would have to not answer their phone 3 times in a row to get
logged off.  As it stands now they did not answer just once and get logged
off.  Thus allow for an employee to use the excuse for not working when
they should be logged in and taking calls.

Unless i'm wrong here.

Please post your input on these options and how you would like them to see
them function function.

Thanks,
Brian
CWIS Internet Services