[Asterisk-Users] This is how to set ATA186 for different standards of CallerID format

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Sat Aug 9 08:19:52 MST 2003

This is what I have found on the Cisco web site:

CallerIdMethod (a parameter from the web interface)

Description
This 32-bit parameter specifies the signal format to use for both FXS ports
for generating Caller ID format. Possible values are:

Bits 0-1 (method)-0=Bellcore (FSK), 1=DTMF, values 2 and 3 are reserved.

If method=0, set the following bits:
Bit 2-Reserved.
Bit 3 to 8-Maximum number of digits in phone number (valid values are 1 to
20; default is 12)
Bit 9 to 14-Maximum number of characters in name (valid values are 1 to 20;
default is 15)
Bit 15-If this bit is enabled (it is by default), send special character O
(out of area) to CID device if the phone number is unknown.
Bit 16-If this bit is enabled (it is by default), send special character P
(private) to CID device if the phone number is restricted.
Bits 17 to 27-Reserved.

If method=1, set the following bits:
Bits 3-6-Start digit for known numbers (valid values are 12 for "A," 13 for
"B," 14 for "C," and 15 for "D.")
Bits 7-10-End digit for known numbers (valid values are 11 for "#," 12 for
"A," 13 for "B," 14 for "C," and 15 for "D.")
Bits 11-Polarity reversal before and after Caller ID signal (value of 0/1
disables/enables polarity reversal)
Bits 12-16-Maximum number of digits in phone number (valid values are 1 to
20)
Bits 17 to 19-Start digit for unknown or restricted numbers (valid values
are 4 for "A," 5 for "B," 6 for "C," and 7 for "D.")
Bits 20 to 22-End digit for unknown or restricted numbers (valid values are
3 for "#," 4 for "A," 5 for "B," 6 for "C," and 7 for "D.")
Bits 23 to 24-Code to send to the CID device if the number is unknown (valid
values are 0 for "00," 1 for "0000000000," and 2 for "2." 3 is reserved and
should not be used.
Bits 25 to 26-Code to send to the CID device if the number is restricted
(valid values are 0 for "10," and 1 for "1." 2 and 3 are reserved and should
not be used.
Bits 27 to 31-Reserved.

Examples
The following examples are recommended values for the CallerID Method
parameter:
USA=0x19e60
Sweden=0x0ff61 or 0x006aff61
Denmark=0x0fde1 or 0x033efde1

Value Type
Bitmap

0x00019e60 (USA)

BR,
Dan
P.S. Tested with a C&W DECT model CDW2500 it works with the default values
(USA). I still try different values to make it work with my Philips DECT.