[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a stand alone voice mail server (fwd)

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Aug 9 02:55:00 MST 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Maik Schmitt wrote:

[...]
> I just tried to use it with our 7960 (sip-version).
>
> I've set the services_url in SIPDefault.cnf to
> "http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xmlservices/vm/index.php&user=1234&pin=1234"
>
> It didn't work with ?user=...&pin=.... cause the phone then tried to
> get "index.php?user=1234\x9fpin=1234?name=SIP..."

Okay, I almost anticipated that.
You're lucky, as my Skinny phones even have a tendency of crashing quite
strangely (sometimes rebooting, sometimes just messing up the application
flow..) on unescaped XML characters...

> Now I only get:
> ---
> CMXML Error
>

> XML Parse Error

Hmmm. I never got one like that. (I haven't ever tried SIP firmware,
though...)
Which firmware version are you using?

Have you ever had any XML services running on these phones? If so: Could
you provide me with sample XML that works?
I'll put some simple test scripts online later today, so maybe you want to
try them...

> When I open the URL with my Browser I see the "VoiceMail - INBOX...."
> and the source also looks OK:
> ---
> <CiscoIPPhoneText>
> <Title>VoiceMail - INBOX</Title>
> <Prompt></Prompt>
> <Text>^MEs sind keine Nachrichten vorhanden.</Text>
> <SoftKeyItem>
> <Name>Beenden</Name>
> <URL>SoftKey:Exit</URL>
> <Position>3</Position>
> </SoftKeyItem>
> <SoftKeyItem>
> <Name>Ordner...</Name>
> <URL>http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xmlservices/vm/index.php?user=1234&amp;pin=1234&amp;folder=INBOX&amp;do=chfolder</URL>
> <Position>4</Position>
> </SoftKeyItem>
> </CiscoIPPhoneText>
> ---
>
> Any Ideas?

Not really. It does look perfectly okay to me.
(it should say "Eingang" instead of "INBOX", though, unless you changed
 the translation...)

You could try leaving yourself voicemail, first. That should give you a
CiscoIPPhoneIconMenu instead of the CiscoIPPhoneText. _maybe_ the phone is
happier with that...

Cheers,
	Siggi