[Asterisk-Users] Dial out modem via * -> VOIP (Real world experience needed)

John Schmerold john at katy.com
Fri Aug 8 09:04:26 MST 2003

We have clients coming in from all over the metropolitan area with
dial-up networking issues. The problem I have is we may set their
computer to dial 1 to reach their ISP, the client gets home & DUN
doesn't work because my guy forgot to remove the 1.  Bad, very bad :-(

Just bought a channel bank & digium starter kit.

I need to configure 2 extensions so that they always dial a VOIP
provider - say IconnectHere via * without dialing 9 & that the VOIP
provider will carry modem traffic.

Anyone using * & Iconnecthere or another VOIP provider to connect to an
ISP.  If this doesn't work out, I'll set dialing plan so that these
extensions don't need to dial 9 & so that all calls made from these
lines use a calling card.