[Asterisk-Users] Busy detect options

Martin Pycko martinp at digium.com
Fri Aug 8 07:43:49 MST 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Richard Scobie wrote:

> I have been running busydetect=yes, using BUSYDETECT_MARTIN and am
> having hangups during calls.
If you use also BUSYDETECT_TONEONLY then you can detect tones that are
irregular, eg: 200 ms of tone, 200 ms of silence, 200 ms of tone, 500 ms
of silence, 200 ms of tone, 200 ms of silence, etc ...

> The busycount=6 workaround seems to be doing the job, but I was
> wondering if there was any value in using BUSYDETECT_TONEONLY or
> BUSYDETECT_COMPARE_TONE_AND_SILENCE, as well as BUSYDETECT_MARTIN or are
> all the options meant to be used on their own?
BUSYDETECT_COMPARE_TONE_AND_SILENCE you use to have a better detection but
only if tone & silence are of the same length.

regards
Martin