[Asterisk-Users] Call routing question

Matthew M. Gamble asterisk at mgamble.ca
Thu Aug 7 17:36:18 MST 2003

I have a quick call routing question that I'm sure is simple, but for the
life of me I can't figure out.

For example, someone dials 94162384000 asterisk trys our first call route
(our sip trunk) as per the extension rule below:

exten => _9NXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@10.10.100.40)

However, this call fails because 94162384000 is one of our phone lines and
our SIP gateway detects a loop and returns a SIP 503 message.  Is there a
way to have asterisk stip the '9' and try it as a local extension call as if
the user didn't dial 9?  I try this (see below) and it failed:

exten => _9NXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial(${EXTEN:1})

Thanks in advance, I'm sure it's a simple problem and I'm just missing
something...

Regards,

M. Gamble