[Asterisk-Users] Sip Trunk config / Least Cost Routing

Wade Weppler weppler at wwworks-inc.com
Thu Aug 7 15:20:48 MST 2003

> To give you an idea of how interesting this would be: I could have a
> peer with your office A, and if you had the appropriate filters on
> your announcements to me, I would know how to reach office B without
> going through office A or a PSTN connection.  If you added a line in
> office B, it would "automatically" be available to anyone with whom
> you peered, and their downstream peers (if desired.)  See the
> usefulness in this?

	Ah yes!  Very useful.  Very similar to BGP (as you mentioned) or
even RIP.  I could see other local benefits as well.  It seems that in order
to properly implement something like this, a complete configuration of any
PBX would have to be described and subsequently parsed and filtered.  Having
a local "summary" of channels and configurations would definitely help for
local applications.  A complete SNMP description would also be possible...

	Sounds interesting...

-wade